My seven commandments:
• You will see problems as opportunities not barriers.
• You will evaluate opportunities like business person who wants to
make money, rather than a technical person who wants
to solve problems.
• You will first determine if there are people with money
to spend on solving that problem – who want to solve that problem.
• You will not pursue opportunities where there is not enough money.
• Before you join the fray, you will research what competitors are doing
to solve the problem and sell their solutions.
• You will determine if you have the people, contacts, and reputation to
sell a solution and make a profit.
• Then, and only then, you will start investing in the pursuit.